Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My change jar for 2016

One thing about blogging year after year is that while the entries may be boring, I can peek back in the archive for details from past years.

I honestly thought that like the rest of 2016, my change I rolled was 'meh'.  I was a little surprised when I counted up this year and checked previous years.

So here is the data I have:
2012 -$549.50
2013 - $980
2014 - $512
2015 - $642
2016 ------

So I had a few months of not enough change of any category to roll. The rest of the months had a bit of a predictability to them.

January - $0
February  - $100
March - $25
April - $0
May - $100
June - $100
July - $50
August - $100
September - $100
October - $100
November - $100
December - $50

For a grand total of $825

If I recall correctly I used the first $500 as  a non stress way of saving for Back to School costs for me. The rest went as payments on the College LOC.

I would have to say that of those two options, I got more of a rush out of the saving for Back to School. Took one thing off the budget line.

1 comment:

SAM said...

I have to get more disciplined about change. Those are impressive totals.