Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Where the money stands

as of August 15

Seriously late to the game posting this.
Debt
Mortgage - $20 084.78
College LOC - $18 500

Total Debt - $38 584.78




Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $7100

RESP - $16 900
RRSP - $9 847

Summer 2015 - money in use

Back to School - $400 (started to use some)
Plates - $1100 (goal met)
RRSP in holding ($1500)
XMAS -1400


I really really don't want to add the LOC to my total on the upper right. It is going to be in flux up and down and up and down for the next three years.   I am not in denial about my debt totals. I think of that LOC balance and all the amounts I have to pay upcoming all...the...time.

I have already made headway on the LOC, lopping off $1500 since I moved things around.

As part of the shifting of money around before adding on to the LOC, I moved enough money to finish my 2015 savings goals of RRSP and XMAS. I needed to streamline all the transactions happening each month.


On the bright side, the next mortgage update will be under 20, 000.  When I started this blog in July of 2008, it was $44 537.19

4 comments:

its me, sam said...

It's hard to believe that you've been writing for 7 years now. Time flies!

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Nice payment to the LOC! :) Very exciting about your mortgage too

Sharon said...

Ah, paying for college....takes up a lot of cash, doesn't it? I am so very jealous of your mortgage amount! Won't be long before that is paid off!! Good luck this week!! I'll be thinking about ya! :)

Jolie said...

I know hey Sam. I hope I have grown a bit, but when I see that LOC and know that I wasn't really prepared for college, it makes me want to kick myself.

SS - I hope to make $1000 a month my regular paymemnt. knock on wood.

Sharon - I thought of you yesterday when DS1 left. DS2 leaves next week.