Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

A bit of a boost

We got word earlier this week that DS2 received two bursaries to go towards college.

We applied for these through the college in early July. Competition is tough and DS doesn't qualify for any special circumstances so only about 5% of the scholarships available were ones he was eligible for.

Happily, we received $1000 and $500 . Both go straight to the college  and are applied directly to his account. I definitely appreciated them.

We need to do thank you cards for them. This school offers four different rounds of scholarships throughout the school year and to not do a thank you pretty much writes off all future chances.

3 comments:

SAM said...

That is good news and amounts that are quite a boost.

The Asian Pear said...

Yay. Good for DS2! When he starts school, there might be other bursaries that he can apply to as well. I remember that at the Tuition and Aid Office at my university, they always posted additional bursaries for application pending program, background, etc. And they're usually always due mid-fall/early winter to be applied to the 2nd semester if granted.

Jolie said...

Thanks ladies. It was definitely a help. There are two more we applied for that we are waiting to hear, but I won't bank on them. Pear, I see there are three more rounds of scholarships for his college so I will have to keep my eyes peeled.