Well DS1 left yesterday. His girlfriend spent the weekend with us as they tried to make the most of their last few days together.
We spent Tuesday packing and making sure he had all his proper documents to get across the border. This would be the first time he would be going alone, by vehicle. 17 hours is a long long drive. I hope he doesn't choke to death on the stench of his hockey equipment.
He dutifully texted me after he got through the border and again when he checked into a hotel in North Dakota. A lot of the boys that drive far just pull over at a roadside stop or a 24 hour gas station, but that made me nervous. He spent a night in a vehicle when he went to Craven (outdoor music concert) this summer, when their tent got flooded, so he knows how uncomfortable that it.
He should be on his last leg of the journey by now. When he texted last night he said he was glad to be back in the land of low gas prices. It's crazy expensive up here.
The house felt emptier last night, for sure. The cats were looking for him.
Part of me felt the tiniest bit relieved. Now I can focus on getting DS2 ready for his departure and give him my full attention. I am sure DS2 is thrilled LOL
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
4 comments:
I always worry when Kazi is out on the highway. What mother doesn't. Thank goodness for modern technology that they can keep us updated along their journey. A hotel room is the best idea for sure. (LOL - stinky hockey equipment!)
I'd lost your blog link for a while - so happy to "find" you again. Looks like you're doing well!
I hope he arrived safely Jolie!
Jane - he said he 'got used to it' on the drive but was glad to get it out of his vehicle and into the arena.
HP - welcome back. Glad you re found me
SS - He got there Thursday after lunch. I was glad he stopped for the night. The last few hours are pretty desolate.
Post a Comment