Well that was no fun. I started feeling off on Sunday. Dizzy. vertigo maybe? I didn't move much because that made my head spin.
Monday wasn't much better and something else felt off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I woke up Monday night/Tuesday morning and was in massive pain on my lower back on the left side. Kidney country. I was sweating bullets and sick to my stomach repeatedly. I managed to sleep until just before 6 when another wave of it hit me. I've never felt anything like this before so off to the ER I went.
I would like to say that I faced this bravely, but the pain was so searing that I found myself tucked in a room in ER, sobbing. The DR on call arrived and turned out to be one of my parents from this past school year. He ordered blood work and had them put me on IV with a shot of morphine and something else that went in my arm.
About two hours later everything came back and it looks like I managed to get a wicked infection in my kidney. They sent me home with a handful of prescriptions to get filled. DS had to come get me.
Tuesday night/Wed morning I had the same pain but not nearly as strong so I toughed it out and laid around again for most of yesterday.
I am starting to feel semi human again and managed to go for a little walk. I hated that being sick made me feel like I was wasting my summer days.
The total cost of the three meds they put me on was $56.43. After insurance (co pay) I paid out $18.75 for them. One of them wasn't covered by insurance.
Today I hope to get at some of my laundry and paperwork. Four days on the couch have put me behind.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
7 comments:
I am so sorry for the pain you had to endure Jolie. Please do take it easy and get plenty of rest. House chores can be ignored when sick. Well, I hate house chores anyway...
Oh my goodness, Jolie, I hope you feel better. Don't worry about your house. It can wait.
I was wondering what you've been up to! Yikes, get better soon!
Kidney pain is the worst! I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
Oh Jolie, how awful! I'm glad you are on the mend now, but what a bummer to be in so much pain. Try to get outside and lay in the sun so you can enjoy the summer a bit, but take it easy!! {{{hugs}}}
Hope you are feeling better!
That sounds horrible Jolie - so glad you are now on the mend! I know it seems like you're wasting your summer when you get sick but at least you don't have the worries of a supply covering your classes and missing school.
Post a Comment