Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

a good start

(the following post is completely non financial related so feel free to skip if you like.  May I recommend THIS LINK on Tales from the Trenches. She is going on holiday to Europe and shows her amazingly well thought out packing plans. I bookmarked it for future reference. I hope she has a great time)


Ahh first weeks. Full of optimism, possibility and enthusiasm. They are like the beginning of a first day when everything is wonderful.  I have had more first weeks than I care to even consider over the years.

It was a good first week. I walked lots. I moved more around the house. I followed my WW points plus plan and diligently recorded it. I ate lots of fruit and veggies, although that created colitis concerns.

You know those tiny little, almost imperceptible  flutters you had the first time you were pregnant? Was that the baby moving? or indigestion? or my imagination???

I had those on Sunday as I was heading out on my walk. Just felt like my pants were the tiniest bit looser. imperceptible. or totally my imagination.

I made good inroads on my walking goal of 100KM for July. I walked a total of  36.97KM

Not too shabby for an old obese woman. And I sweated on those walks. and huffed and puffed, which is beyond sad, but it shows I worked hard for what my body is able to do.   I swear I had a screen shot from last night that showed my KM but it wasn't there this morning. Just this older one, shown below.  bummer.  I didnt' notice this until after I already walked this morning so that is a lost opportunity. For a type A like me, it bugs me. lol

Anyways the screen shot will give you an idea of what the program tells you. This one shows I did a slightly shorter walk, but walked it faster.




 
I definitely love this app.
 
 
So after the weigh in this morning I can say that I successfully removed 6 lbs from my body. probably mostly water, but I will take it, quite  happily. (For those about to OMG please remember that really large people can lose a lot in a first week)
 
 
I am proud of what I accomplished.  I have made a list of 20 items that I hope fit me over the next couple months. They are things I bought that I wore once and then gained, or that I bought that ALMOST fit, and ..... never did.  Among those are a winter coat I bought either during the 12/13 winter season or the 11/12 season. It was one of those 'not quite fitting but if I just lose 5 lbs..." failures. Not sure if I even like the coat anymore, but I am going to fit it! lol
 
Also on that list is my son's jersey from his hockey team last year. Yup that's right...I  couldnt' fit it, especially around the belly.  Continuing on that trend is his new jersey with name and number that he got at a ridiculous discount for mama when he was down at the college last month.
 
My problem is not successful week 1s. It's falling off by week 3 or 4 and then gaining it all back again. I am REALLY good at that.
 
Cost: well WW online is $22 a month so this week cost me $5.50
 
That's about it other than food.
 
Onwards to another week.

3 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Good stuff!! The APP sounds great! :) When I was trying to lose weight I loved the Sparkpeople APP! :)

The Asian Pear said...

Is that Nike + iPod app?

I have it but it doesn't seem to want to WORK. It can't seem to find my location. I'm using RunKeeper & MyFitnessPal together which is OK but I'd like to try to find something better.

Jolie said...

Thanks Carla. I have never used sparkspeople. will have to check it out.

AP It is the Nike running app for my iphone. It's been glitching a bit on 'pausing workout' when I have not been asking it to pause.