Debts
Mortgage -
LOC - $776
Total Debt - $24 713.76
Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $5000
RESP - $18 100
RRSP - $8000
DS2's trip -$1650
Plates 2014 - $1200
College Savings - $3050
The debts are slowing getting smaller, but that will all be different two months from now. While DS is applying for student loans, the projected number will be small because he is receiving some scholarship money. But the scholarship money is not a full ride (but we definitely appreciate it) so there are a load of debts coming. The future expenses are stressing me out. I know this is a choice we are making and we are going into this understanding that, but the costs are still stressful. I suspect a good part of the stress is the same any first parent experiences who is sending their first child off. I am not sure how to 'show' the debt on here as it will be something that constantly fluctuates. It is definitely going to be a whole new world of experiences for him and for his mother as well.
DS2 is all registered for his trip now with EF tours. I opted to pay in 3 chunks...registration, one due..today (shoot I better pay that) and the big chunk due 90 days before the trip. The first chunk was $99, the second is $700 and the rest is just over $3000. It is about the same cost as his brother's trip to Italy. I am excited for him to be able to go. It was a life changing trip for his brother and I know it will before Ds2 too.
All of these are choices we are making, and not frugal ones, but it is our path.
1 comment:
Taking on debt is hard but in your case, it is for a good cause, not for some frivolous wants. I am sure he will do his best to make you proud. Good Luck Jolie!
Post a Comment