Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Slowly catching up

Yesterday was a lovely Sunday, if I do say so myself.

I slept in til the glorious hour of 8 and curled up to enjoy a coffee, knowing I did not have to go into the school to get ready for Monday. Not having that pressure was amazing.

As I had vowed to get my money back on track, I dutifully went to the ATM to take out my weekly jar money. My 'week' actually started last Wednesday, but I didn't have the time and we managed to limp along at home. I logged that money into my spending app and will do my best to stay on with that all summer.

I headed to my parents' house. I haven't seen them Father's day even though we  only live blocks apart. Thank goodness for texting.

I headed to the grocery store to try to slowly stock back up again. Even at the cheapest store, I paid $183. That got some produce, a few steaks for Canada Day, some cleaners we were out of, and the rest was canned goods. I have a budget of $240 a week for groceries and it goes like wildfire with the prices around here.

I visited with DS2. He went camping with buddies after finals on Wed and we haven't connected a whole lot. He leaves tomorrow for his camp up north and I won't see much of him this summer :(

We had massive rain here in SK yesterday though my neck of the woods did not get nearly as much as the south east corner of the province did.

DH and I watched the Rider football game yesterday for their season opener. Yeah for a win!

I rounded off the evening watching Bones on Netflix while cleaning and sorting the shelves in my bedroom.

Exciting day? nope. but ohhh so satisfying.

4 comments:

Nd.chic said...

I like Bones, very good show. When you say football, do you mean American football or soccer? Groceries have really increased here. I think I'm going to do a grocery challenge for July.

Jolie said...

Bones is one of my all time favourites.

It is CFL football, like your NFL, with a few tweaks :-)

My son tour your arena in GF on his way down through the States. Fancy fancy :-)

Saskatchewan Savings said...

I didn't think that rain would stop. Yesterday we got some really bad winds early afternoon that knocked out the power for 3 hours. That said I'm definitely glad we don't live in the south though, the photos I seen were unreal!

Jolie said...

SS - it rained a lot here but nothing like they got down south. Those winds must have been something to knock your power out. Glad it's back on.