Ta da!! Last day. Let summer begin!
I handed out report cards today and said my final goodbyes to the kids. They go on to a different school next year, so I only will see them if we happen to run into each other, or if they come to visit, which they often do.
It's a come and go style of hand out so they show up here and there throughout the morning. In between I cleaned my classroom and sorted and got it ready for the caretakers to come through for their summer cleanse. I know some schools where the teachers have to totally dismantle their whole room and take it home, or at the very least box it up, in case they switch classrooms I guess. I am lucky to not have to do that. That would be hours of packing, and then unpacking.
We had to say goodbye to one staff member today. She is moving to a different school. I have taught with her for the past 12 years. We moved to our school at the same time. I am sure going to miss her. She is an amazing teacher, and a great friend as well. The next school is lucky to get her.
We had a BBQ afterwards at one of our staff's houses. It was great to just hang out in the backyard and chat and unwind before we scatter for the summer.
I didn't stay too long as I was off to a grad. DS1's girlfriend was graduating. They live in a community about an hour away and her family invited me to come to the celebration. I know a few of them a little so it wasn't too awkward. Something like this was wayyyy out of my comfort zone so it was a big step for me to go instead of just plant my hiney at home in front of the TV. The family gathered at the home where her mother had a wonderful supper prepared. The 'daughter in law' looked lovely in a light green dress with a beaded corset top and a ruffly bottom. I missed the awards part of it while I at work, but I am told she received a couple of scholarship awards for university. smart girl!
It was a small town grad with the evening celebration at the hockey rink. Summer is finally here temperature wise and it was HOT..and muggy. Their family was very welcoming and I even got to hold an 8 month niece for awhile. She was a cutie.
I got home about an hour ago and I'm still feeling a bit surreal. Summer. Is. Here.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment