Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

A celebration

What a special treat today!

I was invited to a surprise graduation of a young lady I taught back in Jr High.  Her parents planned a BBQ for her as a surprise at their farm. Besides me, two other teachers from her past were there, including the one DS2 is going to go to Greece with this coming April. We had a great chat.

The text I received had made me cry.

It was so special to be asked to join the celebration. The food was delicious and to watch her face as she drove down the driveway, and see her happy tears as she got out of the car, was absolutely worth it. Moments like this make my job the best!

4 comments:

its me, sam said...

So glad all is well and you're off for the summer! Enjoy your time.

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Aww, that was really nice of you to take up that invitation! That sounds like such a nice day :)

Jolie said...

Thanks Sam. I am looking forward to it.

SS - It was very sweet of them to go and I was proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone once again to go. I only knew the parents, the grad and the other two teachers. The weather was perfect for it, which is a miracle in and of itself these days in SK

Jolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.