I can happily say today that the $1500 I had saved for my year's contribution to RRSPs has now been officially added to my little portfolio. I tried a few times to book a meeting with my rep at the bank but we just couldn't make it work out with the business of my last few weeks. Since I was changing nothing and merely adding to the portfolio, she got the papers ready and left them at the front desk for me to sign.
I signed yesterday. Today I checked my account and the money has now been moved. So yippee! I could have spent it in so many different ways (good and bad). I am so glad I stayed true and didn't touch it.
My portfolio should now be at around $7600, give or take whatever ups and downs there may have been in the market.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
5 comments:
Nice! Its a good feeling to finish a goal.
Good stuff!! :) After $50 goes into our TFSA on Thursday i've hit my $5K goal for the year! Soo happy!!
Yeah! Great job!!!
WOOHOO! :D
On a side note, are you contributing to RRSPs in mutual funds? And is it with TD Bank? I use TD and love manually doing everything online. I never have to go into a bank!
NC and COL - thanks so much.
Carla - wow $5000!
AP - it's through my credit union. It is tied into Credential and is divided between Canadian bonds and ethical dividends.
Post a Comment