Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Year of Snowflakes


I continue to be assured that little things definitely add up and can create positive (pardon the pun) change.

The money comes from a variety of sources - leftover weekly jar money, rolled change, bottle recycling, income tax refund, garage sales, and little bits of money I get here and there. On the weeks or months where I am diligent about using cash, I have more change. Usually any change I get, goes in the jar.  That can add up fast.

I put most of my snowflakes in the early part of the year towards my Line of Credit. I wanted that gone, diddily on! (ok I was watching a Simpsons rerun as I wrote this and channeled Ned)

After the LOC was paid off, it went towards things like my TFSA or the money I saved for DS2's trip.

In 2012 the snowflakes were $3136
In 2011 the snowflakes were $4350
In 2010 the snowflakes were $5070
In 2009 the snowflakes were $4295

And for this year, 2013, at first glance it looked like my yearly totals would be $4971.

THEN, I remembered that $1300 of that was the money Revenue Canada gave me, then took back last week.

So for 2013 it looks like my yearly total of snowflakes is $3671. A great number, to be sure, and very appreciated. I won't lie though....that loss of $1300 hurt.

I look forward to finding more snowflakes for next year.

4 comments:

Cash Only Living said...

Wow I love the idea of a snowflake fund. I will definitely try that in the coming year!

Anonymous said...

that's a lot of snowflakes! Glad it was into your bank account rather than outside on the ground. We get more than enough of that white stuff here ;)

We are going to do this in 2014

Jane said...

Oh that nasty Revenue Canada! Give with one hand and take with the other. Nevertheless you still managed a deep pile of snowflakes!

The Asian Pear said...

Thank goodness for snowflakes! :)