We are not part of the Boxing Day madness sales out there. a) no money left. b) nothing we truly need. It saves me gas, money and stress. All good things. AND they frown on you shopping in your jammies :-)
DH left by 8 AM to go ice fishing. The boys are still sleeping. The kitty is curled up beside me and all is well in the world.
The first thing I am doing is filling in my mom's calendar for the year: birthdates, anniversaries, the remainder of the DS1's hockey schedule, DS2's curling schedule and my weekly 'paydays'. I have been using this calendar brand for a few years now and quite like it. Every year they tweak the calendar a bit and some parts I love, and some a bit less. I think they one they made last year was the best version.
(image courtesy of http://www.moretimemoms.ca/ )
I bought the one for this year a few months ago and it has been waiting, still in it's plastic wrap, in my closet. I opened it the other day and was a little disappointed. It is physically smaller than previous ones and the space for writing is a big part of why I love it. There are a few versions so I suspected I had bought the wrong version. I really debated over whether I should use it or go back and get one that was like last year's. Ohhh the internal debate. Waste the money you spent on the first one just to go back and get a new one with bigger spaces?? or the other side - It's only about $11, so just go get it if it will make you happy. But it's still $11? think of how happy you are when you snowflake $11 in coins?
The internal debate reached the point where I gave myself permission to go get a different version of it just to shut my mind up :-) I had gone online to see which one I was looking for and off to the store I went. I was surprised to find that the version I had bought last year did not exist. There was an erasable one, a fridge magnet one with unconnected sheets (but the size of squares I love) or the coil bound version I already had.
End result - I went home and told myself to be satisfied with the one I had. Based on the kinds of stickers at the back, I really am not a 'new mom' and almost out of the mom calendar phase. How sad is that?
I am glad I went to look though. It quieted the voice in my head that was coveting a different kind :-)
I still like having a paper based calendar up where everyone can write their information and see what is coming up in the week/month.
Do you still even use a paper calendar anymore? or have you gone completely digital?

2 comments:
We stay home as well... I don't think i've went Boxing Day shopping in over 15 yrs! lol! I hate the malls in a "good day", so with a gazillion shoppers pushing their way to grab this deal & that deal?! No thank-you. ;)
As for calendars... we use paper calendars, but are sent so many free ones in the mail, we just hang up a couple and be done with it. We mark on some stuff so the girls can look... they love counting down the days to holidays, birthdays, etc.. :)
This post makes me want to go ice fishing. Enjoy your relaxing day!
Post a Comment