Most folk were headed up to the lake for the long weekend, and my DS2 was one of them, but for the rest of the Money Tree family it was a weekend at home.
DS1 started work last week and is working his way through this long weekend. It keeps him busy and out of trouble :-) I went down to the campground late this afternoon and took him some supper. It was his first 8 hour shift. I know he needs to be a big boy and pack his meals but we were barbequing and it seemed a shame not to share it with him for his supper break. It was really good to see him so confident, on his own down there. He was on the afternoon/evening shift and worked alone. As I got there, he was talking with some guests so I curled up at a picnic table to the side to wait. I didn't want to be THAT mom :-) I was so proud to hear him talking to them IN FRENCH. They were from Quebec and making their way across the country. All those years of immersion paid off I guess. They were speaking a little faster than he's used to hearing but it was all good. Very cool.
For DH and I, Saturday was yard labour work. Our newish neighbours are tearing down their fence and putting up a new one. The old one is 40 years old according to my oldest neighbours on the other side. We agreed to share the cost of our common piece. DH also decided to do the back fence as well. Our neighbour on the other side does not wish to redo the fence, so for now, the old one will remain. Everything looked so naked and bare without a fence. I mean, the old one was only 4 feet high, so it was hardly Fort Knox, but with things down, it felt so exposed. Can't wait for the new one to go up. Hope it goes smoothly. It was nice to actually have a moment to talk to these folk. They are a younger couple with a little girl and a newborn son. She is a teacher in the area too, though I had not met her before. This new fence is 6 feet high. It's going to be very different back there not being able to see across the alley or the next yard.
The mosquitos have come in full force. They are fierce!!!
Happy Saturday.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment