I am SO glad payday is almost here. This has been a spendy month. I definitely did not plan to save enough money to cover costs for prom and grad. My first time through so I will be far better informed next time with DS2....but in the meantime....
So far we have the Suit, tie, pocket thingie, belt, dress socks and shoes. All of which will be worn and used again regularly except perhaps the pocket thingie.
Then we have cap and gown fees required by school.
Prom tickets.
I got a few... FEW of his cap and gown pics from the fancy photographer. For my mom, my sisters etc. I literally had my breath taken away at the costs for the big packs.
I had forgotten the escort corsage and his lil flower. I got silk ones. The others would wither before prom even started.
We have been having decorating bees trying to get everything ready for prom. Some of these moms LOVE the opportunity to take charge and I am happy to let them and just be a flunky. Cut and glue, I can do. No thinking or planning required.
Listening to the ones with daughters talk about costs made my stomach turn. The dress and jewelery. The hair and shoes. The fancy pics. Boys are SO much easier.
My niece will be taking the formal pics. Not sure how much this will end up costing but certainly less than the fancy ones.
I bought a dress thanks to my online shopping buddy Asian Pear. It has worked for my april wedding I went to and will work for prom and then for grad as well. No one's going to be looking at moi LOL
For DS2's grad I will find some ways to cut costs, not because he doesnt' deserve things, but because I will be more informed on how to get more bang for less buck.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment