Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat

Brought to you by the lovely Carla

What am I...

Reading?   Don't Cry Now, by Joy Fielding. I have only read one other of her books,The First Time , which focused on a woman who is diagnosed with ALS. It touched very close to home as I lost a very dear friend to it.




Watching?  A rerun of The Good Wife, which I hadn't seen before. I can't wait for the season to begin again the fall. It had a great cliffhanger.

Listening to? The sound of rain still lightly falling outside, and the sound of DS2 in the shower, scrubbing away two weeks of camping.

Baking/Cooking? Tonight was crock pot night. I cleaned out the freezer of my wonderful upside down fridge as I hadn't been in there for awhile.  We had crock pot chili, crock pot beef barley soup and a crockpot of deer sausage to go with a salad. I also took advantage of the cooler temps and baked cupcakes earlier this morning and a banana bread this afternoon.




Happy I accomplished this week? I finally was able to get out walking and mr colitis did not interfere. It was very exciting. I am so out of shape and overweight it is ridiculous. I also did a successful first week on Weight Watchers. Just on my own. I never had success with the new Points Plus program so I am giving the old points program a try.

Looking forward to next week? I have a trip to my specialist. It will be nice to touch base again and get her input on my different meds and what I learned about them and how they affect me.

What goal is my top priority? Staying on WW and walk walk walking. Perhaps I can lose another couple pounds this week.


2 comments:

Miss Jessie said...

Great work getting out there and walking! I need to get back on track with the walking, also.
I am very jealous that you are getting rain. We got some the other day, but we could use about a week straight of rain at this point.

jpkittie said...

aw... I so wish we were getting rain - not only could the outside use it, I could use the nice steady sound & a good 'inside' day!!!