Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A productive day

Since my health is kinda outta control I thought I would spend my Friday doing something I COULD control - cleaning

I was able to walk 1.5 miles in the morning before it got too hot. Being massively overweight and very heat intolerable, one works up a sweat quite easily LOL

I used and abused my clothesline outside. Perfect weather for drying things. I washed sheets and mattress covers and did the boys' laundry since most of their shirts need to hang to dry anyways. I have room to hang up one load at a time inside and it takes a day for them to dry. This way I got tons done. I popped on the new sheets my mama got me for my anniversary. Nothing better than sleeping in brand new sheets :-)

The boys worked their hineys off this week putting together the four cabinets I bought. They don't get along at the best of times and I was SO proud of how well they did putting these together. DS2 is the instruction reader and had to open up everything and count all the pieces and figure out where they went before they started. DS1 needed to learn patience and did well. The hardest parts were getting the hinges right so the doors hung correctly. DH helped with that.

I made DH go through his scout shelving unit last night. Said all of that shelf needed to go in his cabinet. No overflow, nothing on top. Was good for him to purge. He'd be a hoarder if I didn't intervene from time to time. His cabinet is done and filled to the brim.

The boys and I need to put our shelves in our units and then fill them.

DH's scout shelf and a 2 drawer filing cabinet were empty and both were in less than 100% healthy shape so the boys took them out to the front lawn with a  FREE sign on them. I was pleased to see them gone before nightfall.

I am all about the clutter right now so that was my focus for the afternoon/evening. I went through my bookshelf, cleaned and organized it. 40 books are purged and going up to where we camp. There is a laundry/shower there and the lady who runs it has books ppl can take. She is running low so I will give her mine. I ran a load to the recycling and I have a big load ready to go to the school - some for classroom libraries, some for my room and some on a table in the hall with a 'give me a home' sign. Like our own private garage sale :-)

Tomorrow I am off to get my hair coloured courtesy of a gift card. Back to red I go. wheee!! Then to the school to drop off what I gathered and home to continue to clean.

My goal is to get the house decluttered by July 31 so I can enjoy the long weekend. Then it's time to get thinking about school.

Thanks for listening, and for all your support.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Good luck with the July 31st deadline! Just remember not to overwork yourself... Just order teh boys around. ;)

oooh. Red. NICE!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all that you have accomplished! Can I borrow you?
(A bit overwhelmed at home and work with clutter). Time to make a clear, definitive list, and follow through.

Thanks for the good example!

Jean - MN

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Good for you! My goal is to be 100% unpacked and organized before we leave for vacation Thursday...but I keep putting off hanging up the pictures. Just gotta do it, you're an inspiration!