Last year this time my favourite app for my then newly purchased Iphone was angry birds :-) The past 3 weeks the app I enjoyed the most for my Iphone is the Nike + GPS app. I bought it earlier this year but never got to take advantage of it really until this month.
The cost? $1.99
It was designed for runners but as a "only can walk' kinda gal, it's fun too. It lets me keep track of how far I go even if colitis rules her ugly head and makes me have to walk in shorter bits. It keeps track of my time and my speed. As you can see from the (not mine) photo above, it shows your route and the purdy colours show where your pace was fast, where it was medium and where it slowed down. I suspect for a die hard runner, that would be the best part.
I tried using it when I was cutting the lawn. Frankly I was curious to know how far I walked while doing it. I know it takes me about 40 minutes to cut. I know I am moving the whole time. I know I am sweating like a pig (thanks to being in such poor health LOL). I turned it on and tried using it. Poor app was so confused. I could hear it screaming "what the hell are you doing???? You walk 10 steps then turn then walk and then turn again. where are you going??" It wouldn't register a distance at all.
While it might be inspiring to runners, it sure can be for walkers too, especially those trying to get back in the habit. No guessing how far you walked. No driving the route to track how far on the odometer. A little voice at the end tells me if I have broken one of my records: distance, time, speed, etc. While I am not out there to break records, it sure was fun to hear Lance Armstrong's voice this morning telling me I did a great job after I walked 3.25 miles. Farthest I have been able to walk in a stint to date.
Thanks lil APP
*this is not a paid promotion. wouldn't even know how to begin to do that :-) with a kid in hockey though, I am sure I contributed to the summer home of one of the fine CEOs at Nike though LOL
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago

7 comments:
lol! ya hockey isn't cheep! That;s funny though that you tried to track your distance cutting the grass. But a shame it didn't work :(
that's funny! I bet it was confused :) haha
Maybe if you made more interesting directional turns while cutting the grass, it might register! :) I think I considered this application, but because wi-fi is spotty here, I decided it wouldn't be worth it for me. Sounds like it's a great idea though!
yknow... I have that app and I never used it. haha. so that's what that's for!
I think it came with my iphone too. I should definitely check it out. Went for an 8km run last night and would have loved to track it like that.
Haha! That is a useful app for sure, you know besides the mowing part. I think I might get this, I would love to know how much I walk.
Good for you for all the walking! Inspiring :)
Post a Comment