Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Week 11 on the jars.

I did a lot of thinking this week about my jars...how much I put in them, and what I have leftover. I have been using that ' Need to have snowflakes at the end of the week' as a rush....an addiction almost.

I worked on spending more of the jar money this week (wisely) and the panic of how much will I have left over?' did ease. That was a good feeling and far less stressful.

Next week marks the end of this budget and the metamorphosis of it into a new one. That plan has been in the works for months but I am having one more look at my numbers. After all, I still have to finalize where I am putting the $80 I have removed from the 'other' category in my jars. I have a pretty good idea what I want to to but I will still curl up this weekend with a cuppa and make a firm decision.

As usual, the bulk of my money went towards food and groceries, though I did use some to go towards  a couple things on my mammoth list of special expenses this month.

One more week left and the month's budget is over, and the school year will be close to being over.

5 comments:

Girl Makes Cents said...

Yay. No need to have a large amount of snowflakes every month. Although I know what you mean about the rush you get. Feels so good to pay things off and save interest. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, you're new layout I mean.

Jolie said...

GMC- I'm working on it. Really trying but it's so hard LOL

MM - Yup I will plop my jars info on here next week.

Jonsie- aww thanks. Had the butterfly about a year so I figured it was time for a switch.

Maureen said...

I am going to have very little in the way of snowflakes as I was so unforgiving with my budget, the only area I am going to have much left over in is my petrol jar, and as I,m going away at the end of next week and a friend is driving me there I thought I would give her this money towards my share of her petrol costs. I so badly wanted to have more but as I said I gave my self so little to start with.

I love your blog layout and theme it is so pretty.

Eve said...

I think I'm going to try the jars for groceries, gas, etc. I am loving the new background!!