Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New budget - the savings/planned spending

Not a whole lot has changed on this end, but some, so I will just update it on here. Very little of what is here is long term 'never touch it' savings. Most has a designated target.

Monthly Contributions
Boys Expense Account - $300
RRSP - $125
RESP - $200
Emergency Fund - $100
Christmas/Summer - $140

The boys' expense account goes towards things like their school fees, school pics, registration fees for things, camp etc. Honestly with the price of DS1's higher level hockey fees and his equipment, this amount doesn't cover it but it does help.

The RRSP is growing, slowly. I am just glad I have one finally, even if it is late.

RESP - ditto above.

Emergency Fund - I am honestly not sure how big I want this to get. or how big I NEED it to get. For now I will just keep on contributing.

Xmas/Summer - I put all the money in this category towards one, then when it is full, I put it towards the other. Stays constant that way.

Now all of those are set amounts and I have been pretty faithful about each amount goes towards each category. However being close to finishing off Christmas, I may just take the EF, XMAS and RRSP money, throw it all towards one category each month so I can finish them off for the 2010 year. Example - when I get to the bank this Friday (if it is open) I will toss it $220 of it at Xmas to finish off that goal and the rest at EF. All the money next month will go to EF. When that one is done I will finish off my RRSP. I will still get to where I need to go ahead of schedule. I just felt like varying it up for the summer.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love to do what you are planning with your savings/planning spending funds. It's like a debt snowball in reverse (a savings snowball).