Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A glorious Saturday!

Well it was an early morning in the MoneyTree household. DS1 and his father left by 5 AM to go fishing up north with my nephew. They haven't been in ages. DS2 had to be with his Scouting group at 6:30 AM to go clean up luminaries and such at the Relay for Life Event. They do this every year. He also played with his band there last night for two hours. He'd never been to a RFL opening ceremoney and survivor walk and said it was a very emotional experience.

With the first blue skies we've had in days and days, I popped that first load of laundry in at 6 AM and had it on the clothesline outside by 7. I love the feeling of saving dryer energy on things like towels and jeans and such.

I have a wedding shower to go to this afternoon. My gift isn't nearly as clever as Girl Makes Cents . I wish I were more creative. They have been living together for two years and have a far fancier house than I fully furnished with new furniture (and debt, I am sure) so it's harder to buy for.

Aside from getting in a walk in this great weather, my focus today/tonight is marking and working on report cards. Tis the season and the more I can get done today, the less stress I will have next week at school and I can just enjoy the students and our learning for the next 11 days.

Add to that some much needed housecleaning and laundry and I have a full, albeit rather boring, day.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Your boys sure got early starts!!

Is 11 days all you have left for the school year? Time goes by so fast! Hope you had fun at the shower... I especially like the food when I go ;-)

Jolie said...

We are done June 30. right to the bitter end LOL

The shower was great. I was glad I could be there. My schedule often excludes me from such things.

Delicious foods, lots of smiles and laughs.