Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

school supplies

First off I will reiterate that I am jealous of the US readers out there. Your prices for school supplies are less than half of what ours are up here. I watch the commercials out of the US for sales on at places like Target and drool with envy and wish I had a magic beam to zap down there, shop and then come back up :p

I hit Walmart with the kids Tuesday, armed with their supply lists. I had already gone through what they already had that was good from last year, and what we had in our own supply bucket at home that they could use. Still, the costs were crazy. Things sure do add up.

The list wasn't anything out of the ordinary:
  • 1 new backpack as DS1 's was toast after three years of use ($34.99)
  • 1 -5 Star binder ($20.99)
  • 2 - 1.5 inch binders for DS2
  • pens and pencils
  • erasers and a few glue sticks
  • looseleaf, dividers and reinforcements
  • Kleenex (tissue)
  • duotangs and a few notebooks
  • pencil crayons x 2
  • markers for each
  • scotch tape for each
  • black sharpies
  • geometry set for the younger
  • cheapie calculator for each ($2 each)

I am doing this from memory so I know I'm forgetting some. I'll add to it when I am back home and have the list in front of me.

Total cost $170

1 comment:

Jessie said...

wow... kidlets are expensive LoL