skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Money Jars - Month 2
Ok I forced myself to sit down and be productive so I tabulated what was left in my month's envelopes and did the math. Here is how month 2 went.
Gas (Fuel) - I was able to save 50% of the money for gas this month. There were a few out of town trips so that upped how much I spent, but a few days off and not driving perhaps balanced it out a bit. Anything leftover goes in a lil envelope to be tucked away for insurance, licence plates and mechanical needs. My package policy is due in March sometime and was in the $300s last year, so hopefully by the March 25th payday, I can save enough to have money for this.
Spending - I was able to save 50% of this. I use this money for my mad money, or pharmacy stuff, etc. My make up etc is slowly needing replacing so this will continue to take a hit though I am being FAR more frugal with how much I apply than I have ever been. I have not allowed myself to buy any magazines or books and that has helped me a lot.
Household - I needed a few thing more things this month, including a few rubbermaid tubs for storage in my quest to be better organized. I saved 67% of my envelope. This goes into it's own envelope for months where we need to stock up, or to buy something larger for the house. I'd love to save enough to buy a sectional for downstairs later this year perhaps and get rid of the one that has zero springs left LOL
Dining Out - This continues to be a difficult category to control. I saved 29% of this budget line. This is being tucked into an envelope until I hit $200 'savings' and then the rest will get snowflaked into my debt. It will be nice if we have an away weekend, that I will have that money to pay for meals out.
Groceries - I hate how fast the money goes with groceries. I struggle with this far too much. I was only able to save 13% of this to count towards "March snowflake" and put it towards debt. I really need to work on that.
I was able to save a total of $432 which goes towards it's own savings category or the debt. Still better than I was doing this time last year, but I find myself very frustrated with how fast the money goes.
3 comments:
Wow! I think that just not overspending in your budget categories is a victory! Having a little stockpile is even better. Good job!
Wow! I totally agree with RTC - that is amazing! Having any left over truly is a HUGE thing!!! I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up for March!!
Thanks guys! It could simply mean I have budgeted too much in those categories and need to lower it to make it more realistic. My groceries was a scary high number before I started this and, according to all the grocery budgets I have read out there, it still IS scary high. I shall have to re-evaluate when the 3 month trial is up.
Post a Comment