Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh those parents!!

I know, I know, I really shouldn't complain about the supports I have but man!! lol

I didnt' get a chance last week to run that money to Mom for the Bank of Mom loan. I had it all tucked away in a wallet for her. I went over tonight as the battery in my van was nearly dead so my dad had picked up a used one for me and wanted to install it.

So off we went to mom and dad's. When I had mom alone I handed her the wallet with $1500. I have to say it felt VERY good to be able to give that to her and know I had paid her back. She was incredibly reluctant to take it. "Take it!!" I said. "I feel guilty" she said.

pfft Guilty??? for what, I said....for taking back money that you paid out of your own pocket last year for my bathroom and living room???? Don't be silly I said. I'm almost 40 and it's time I grow up.

She says "I'm going to buy you a range hood/microwave unit" which is something we don't have currently. There's been a hole in the wall covered up with a towel there for.......ohh about 2 years.

NO! I said. She look surprised. I said "husband got a mess of $ at Christmas (which she knew about) and it's about time he purchases SOMETHING for this house. Feel free to look for deals as you have more time than us but do NOT buy it".

She reluctantly agreed. It is rare I win a battle with my mom LOL

However when it came time to leave with my van, I gave my dad the $40 for the used battery (which I had out of my 'gas savings', which he promptly said NO. grrrr. So as I was backing out of the garage, I tossed it out the window so it would land on the floor. Yanno...for a 73 year old, he's pretty damn spry. He had it back inside my van as I pulled away. I knew I wouldn' t win this one but it was a smaller amount so I guess I have to let this go and get him again next time.

I couldn't resist, as I pulled away, yelling out the window "you're never going to let me grow up!!!" and then I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed.

It's nice to bond with dad. We never got to do nearly enough of that when I was younger as he worked 24/7.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for you! Sound like you have very sweet parents! :)