Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The bottom half of the tank

For me, it seems as though the top half of my gas tank is bigger than the bottom. It takes awhile to get to half, then as soon as it's there, it seems like WHOOSH the gas goes down faster than lightning.

It feels the same for my bank account. Getting paid once a month, payday is like a full tank. I have money to take out for my jars for the first two weeks, I have money for my loan, utilities, bills etc. That's all pretty much done in the first four days after payday. Then my account is virtually inactive until Week 3 of jars begins. I hit the bank tonight and took out the money for it and it always makes me panic to see what is left. One week of jar money and about a $25 float. Now given how I do things, technically I should not NEED any more money (barring unforseen surprises), but just seeing that tiny amount there makes me panic. I have to laugh at this because would it have been much different when I was just spending money willynilly with my debit, I'd owe money on my Credit Card and before payday hit, there is not much left at all.

It's interesting the psychological effects this has. I get this urge to stockpile anything I have, just in case. Same way my fat cells do I guess; just in case I might need them, they stockpile in me LOL

Just 'food' for thought :-)

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Once you hit the halfway mark, it's downhill from there. LOL

I felt that way with a cheque. Such a rush to get it.. then i'd put it towards debt and sob :)

asgreen said...

I get paid once a month too and I hate how the last week. No matter how I budget I always end up hating that last week.