I know. I am probably light years behind the rest of you on this.
I will throw DH under the bus for this. He was the holdout. I have been wanting to do this for a few years.
Now the only people who call the landline are DH's sister (why she doesn't use his cell phone I have no idea), and spam callers.
I may have to consider getting voice mail on my cell phone as I do not have that currently. We shall see.
My net savings on the removal of the landline is about $24.00
The customer sales representative said cheekily "What will you do with your windfall?"
My also cheeky answer "Put it in my travel fund since everyone is travelling these days :-)
There is a bit of awwwww at cancelling a number I have had since 1991.
Not nearly so much as it hurt to cancel my mom and dad's landline last fall after 48 years of that number existing. I cried during that cancellation.
quite the phones we had over the years from a partyline at the farm to cells.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago





3 comments:
Please add voicemail to your cellphone - that's important for offices and such, appointments to be able to leave a voicemail.
My parents had their landline from 1954 to 1993 or beyond. I like to call the number even after my mother died to hear the voicemail. I understand.
I still think of my parents phone number when I'm asked my home phone. It is a normal thought I think. They've both been gone for 8 years this summer my dad, and 10 for my mom. I can't believe it has been that long already. We actually added a hoe cell line for $10 with our hoe phone. there is still enough need to warrant the $10
Post a Comment