This week's selection is a YA book that I read because I am hoping to do it with students next year. Eric Walters is a Canadian Author who actually came to our school this year and presented to our students. I love the relatability of the books he writes as well as the variety. There is something for every student in his writing and that is why so many of the kids read him.
90 Days of Different is the story of a girl graduating from High School whose boyfriend dumps her for being boring and unadventurous. Her best friend proposes that for the 90 days between graduation and college starting, she pushes Sophie ( main character) out of her comfort zone to try new things.
I turn 50 this year and am someone who definitely could stand to be pushed out of her comfort zone and experience a bit more variety in life. This book may be for teens but the message definitely is not.
I definitely need a bit more Sophie in my life.

3 comments:
You've just reminded me that I have an Indigo gift card ! :) My favourite birthday gift! Can't wait to see which book speaks to me. Usually there are many! I'd like to think that when I retired I pushed myself (a bit) out of my comfort zone by travelling on my own and hiking. It feels awesome when you meet and defeat a challenge. I hope you have a great summer of relaxation and if you do try something new let us know!!
I stopped reading fiction a long time ago ... life just got busy. Based on your post I signed this book out of the library and just finished reading it. Thank you so much ... from a long time reader (10 years) but a never commenter. I too, could stand to be a bit more Sophie in my life. I think her project was a great way to do so ... however, I just can't get past the thought of losing my anonymity. I'm strange that way.
Hope you have a healthy (mind, body & spirit) summer.
Jane - love those gift cards. I realized I had one too. Not sure how much is left on it but will definitely have to check it out when I am in the city.
Medi Cal - thank you so much for commenting and for following me. There are a lot of YA books that I actually enjoy but this one just resonated so much with me. I want to say " I hope life gives me a chance to do more Sophie' but I suspect the truer answer is, I need to take charge to make sure I do more Sophie.
Post a Comment