Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Get walking, she said. It's good for you, she said

One of my favourite parts of this time of year isn't just that school will be ending, but that my season of walk whenever I want to is coming soon.

I headed out this morning for a nice 2 K walk. Just hearing the birds and feeling the breeze is a mental rejuvenation for me.

I got home and it was time to head over to dad's to make him a Sunday brunch. I told DH I would walk over and he could drive over and meet me there.

I got to the end of my block and something funky happened. My left knee gave out and before I knew it, I was down on the ground, landing hard on that knee. Two kind passerbys who witnessed my epic stumble stopped to see if I was ok. 'Just my pride" I laughed and then grabbed my phone (undamaged after hitting the pavement .  thank you) and brushed myself off.  Feeling none the worse for wear, except  my pride, I moved on.

I kept walking the 10 blocks to dad's. He was down in the garden so I sat there with him and visited a bit. When DH got there I headed up to start brunch.. My knee was sore after sitting. It got worse during the cooking of and eating of his brunch. By dishes I could barely move and was limping a lot.

I had DH drive me home and took some ibuprofen and went to bed.I slept for most of the afternoon and it is NOT better.

Not a great way to tackle the last week of school.

No comments: