Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Review of July goals

I will be the first to admit that in essence, my July was boring.

I got to relax and read, walk and tidy, but if someone were to ask me what fun things I did in July, I would have zippo for an answer. I recognize that my health limits a lot but I don't want this to be the rest of my life. Not sure how much power I have to change it.

So as for my goals.....I did ok ish. I had great zip and zoom for the first two weeks of July, as usual. After that the unrelenting heat here really affects my mood and  health. I know our heat is nothing compared to what many folk are getting. It's just more than my body can handle. On the couple cooler days we had, I felt SO much more alive and productive.

Goals:
1) clean out 'the paperwork' bin.   A
It felt good to get the excess out and to know where everything I need, is

2) Read Read Read Read.  B minus
I always could have done more, but I enjoyed curling up to escape in a book.

3) Walk Walk Walk. B
Super strong the first two weeks then as the heat cont I got lazier. Still everyday, but not multiple times.

4) Fitbit 10, 000 Steps. B
I misplaced it for a week. Harder to count when it was awol.

5) My computer room. F
I started but then DH shoved a bunch of things in there as he was looking for things for his family reunion. Until he clears them out again it's just wall to wall debris.

6) Make a tentative money plan for the rest of 2017.  A
I have made a couple versions of things depending on how things go. Of  course Murphy may have other plans. He usually does :-)

7) Lose 6 lbs. B
I lost 4. I wish I could keep the momentum going when I start something.

8) Delve into Ancestry. A found some great pictures and artifacts that I only could access with  the international  plan. We have one of our branches back to the late 1200s in Switzerland. Pretty cool. DS2 spent a few hours exploring with me. I have a first cousin coming to visit tomorrow that I have never met. My mom is so excited to meet this nephew of hers.


And, that was July. Not spectacular. Not too shabby either.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it was great! I am on a kick right now to NOT be busy ALL the time and just enjoy being. You have raised 2 boys - who sound like they are doing great. You teach, which can be very frustrating and fulfilling at the same time. You have made a home - it is time to enjoy that! Your month sounds positively wonderful! I hope your August is similar!

T'Pol said...

So, you have relaxed and that's a good thing!

Jane said...

Your July sounds good to me. I know that as a teacher it can be hard to wind down after a year of go go go; sometimes you likely feel guilty "doing nothing", I know I did. (I got over it :) You'll soon be thinking about what you need to do to get ready for the next school year. i know that when the calendar hit August 1st I would start getting ready once again. Try to relax and enjoy August - hopefully it's not quite as hot!

Jolie said...

Thank you everyone. I guess I am just feeling the limitations. Come November I will be wishing for this quiet relaxing time.