So most of my money goals for the year have been met. Plates (insurance), RRSP, Christmas is almost done, Summer etc.
The only goal I haven't started yet is my TFSA savings of $1000. Interest on this is paltry. Super paltry.
Interest on my college LOC however, is not paltry.
I was putting $500 a month down on the LOC, and saving a comparable amount for College. My LOC is close to being maxed out. Yes they would give me more, but I really don't want it to come to that.
This is DS1's last year of college. It will cost. Money will be needed. Usually I am putting a chunk on my LOC and a chunk into college savings, along with a chunk that goes to my rotating money goals (see First paragraph).
I really really really want to avoid putting more money on the LOC. I would rather jiggle the amounts around to put a base amount on the LOC and a larger amount into College (and the dreaded Canadian to US dollar conversion).
The dollar is at about 77 cents right now which is not great but better than the 71 cents it was earlier this year.
I think I will drop the worry about the $1000 TFSA goal and focus instead on the college/LOC for the rest of 2017.
My change jar $ was going towards my Back to School fund and that is now met. Thank goodness. I start in 2 weeks.
For the rest of 2017 I will put my change jar $ towards TFSA 2018. This is a pretty low stress way of slowly building it.
I know...It's a lot of thinking out loud. But that's my plan for now. for now. Til Murphy or someone finds me and whaps me upside the head.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment