Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July snowflakes

Ahh sweet payday was yesterday. A chance for me to reset my jars, start on a fresh month spreadsheet and update my goals and plans.

I managed to snowflake $170 of my jar money this month. Mostly from groceries. I credit a good part of it from it being too hot to really want to eat much.

I managed this even with my voraciously appetited (have I made a new word?) children coming home to visit.

I saved $100 of this and set it aside for my trip to Costco yesterday when I was in the city for my medical appt. Nothing exciting. Toilet paper, laundry soap and a massive bag of chocolate chips that will do for baking for a long time. It also got several pouches ( I miss the super large cans) of Goodhost ice tea mix that DS takes back to the US  with him, and a big box of Tim Hortons Kcups for DS's roommate. A little gift from his Canadian mom. It was nice to have that set aside to buy those things without worry or guilt.

The $70 I have tucked aside. When I get a hundred dollars, I go to the bank and swap it for a $100 bill. Not sure of my plans for the few of those I have tucked in the home safe, but it's nice to have it ready if something comes up.

I will also have the change yet to be taken to the bank to add to that.

Every little bit...

1 comment:

SAM said...

Every little bit does helps especially when you have an increase in a budget items-like groceries. Enjoy your boys being home.