.....and it's hard for me to admit.
I am kind of getting used to empty nest.
shhhh! I know. pure craziness.
I am not over missing them.
I am not over not having a do over for so many parts of their childhood I know I could have done better at.
I am not over being a much more important part of my sons' lives.
but I am getting used to them coming and going, and, I kind of like the idea that when they are not here, my time is purely MY time. super selfish thought, I know.
I can get up when I want. go to bed when I want. I don't have to feel guilty about not giving them more 'summer fun' (that one was the most difficult for me). I can make supper, or not.
I never thought I would even start to feel this way.
It's interesting.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
5 comments:
:) I secretly wish for this situation sometimes. I love my kids, but I still have a long way to go before the last one is 18 (almost 10 years!!) Because we brought kids into our life so late, I had this solitude early on and I miss it some days.
Oh, don't feel bad at all! You gave done your work. They are wonderful adults and that phase in your life is done! I guess I should confess - my youngest two went away for a week and I did not miss them at all!
Aww.. that's great, Jolie! I'm so attached to my kids, it's going to be hell for me I'm sure. I'm moving to NS soon from Ontario and my oldest isn't coming with us. That's going to be hard... definitely an adjustment I'm sure.
Absolutely nothing selfish about it! Totally normal at this stage in their lives and YOURS! Otherwise no kid would ever leave home - we wouldn't let them! Kazi has been away for a week on a road trip to the east coast - have not missed her one little bit!!
I often wished for a break when they were younger. Now that it's real, it is a whole dif world. At least they are reasonably close. If DS1 ends up playing hockey in Europe that will be a whole dif kettle of fish.
Post a Comment