fruits and veggies? no
minutes of meditation? no
glasses of water? nope
I started this mid May. At the end of the day I plop a little check mark on the calendar and seeing them all on there makes me smile.
It's making DH twitch. This sort of things bugs him in some deep rooted - must have come from his childhood-blame his mother or father - kinda way.
It's not onerous. Not threatening. Doesn't even feel like a commitment.
One day alone doesn't make a visible difference. Or even a week.
But I know.
and it makes me smile.
Every day I go to wherever is my target and eliminate 5 things from my home. Maybe a drawer. Maybe a closet.
Could be as small as a pen in the 'drawer of doom' that no longer works or bigger, like three winter jackets that no longer fit the boys.
I have a bag ready to go if it is a clothing donation.
The bin is in the garage for recycling.
Or trash.
The other day DS2 let me throw out 15 pairs of socks that have stretched beyond belief or have more holes than space. He hates getting rid of things. I felt like I had won the lottery. Earned my little check mark in less than 2 minutes.
Would anyone look around my home and notice a change. Nope
But I do.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
6 comments:
I love this! Making changes for yourself particularly when others might not notice is terrific. 5 is a nice number to try and bite off.
Anybody can do 5 things a day.....it's not a lot and it wouldn't take much time away from other things.
I love this! Especially, the meditation, water, fruits & Veggies part. I should add a 5 minute stretching session as well.
Getting rid of 5 things a day is fabulous when you have been living somewhere a while - things do tend to pile up. I am stretched to get rid of anything in this RV though, we literally use everything we put our hands on.
5 a day can make a difference! In an average month that can be a 150 item difference!
Awesome work, Jolie!
Oh I really really need to declutter! I'm sure I could find at least 5 things a day - I'll give it a go!
Post a Comment