Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Indulgence

(post title inspired from Sharon at Midlife Mom Musings)

I set aside money each month tagged 'household'. It's not much. $50. Quite frankly it often goes to something else. It's one of my least successful categories.

I actually spent money from it this month ( ok last month).  I ordered a new comforter set off amazon.  I have looked at this set for over a year and finally just hit 'order'. 

It arrived yesterday. The blue isn't as blue as the picture shows. Almost has a greenish tinge to it. I am ok with that, mostly.  And we burned the box it came in as we had a fire in the firepit this afternoon.

I haven't had a new comforter for our room since July of 1999. It was a dark blue with all those celestial symbols that were so popular at the time. I don't think it cost much. It certainly has had it's money's worth.

I figured that after 16 years I could let myself have something, instead of just for the kids.


this is the pic from amazon. My room isn't nearly as nice.

DH said "It looks like a hotel in here." I am going to take that as a compliment.

8 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

It's lovely! My parents have that set in their spare room (the room we use when I visit, aka my old bedroom). It's very pretty.

Nd.chic said...

I like it and good for you for buying something for yourself. We spend too much time in bed not to be comfy with a bit lf luxury.

~Carla~ said...

That's a gorgeous set!! I like you too, we rarely buy stuff like that, there's just never the 'extra' for it and it is pricey! One day we'll all have fabulous matching bedrooms though hahaha!! Enjoy it!

Jane said...

After that many years I wouldn't call your purchase an indulgence :) It's beautiful - I love the combination of colours. Well deserved if I may say so :)

Northern Living Allowance said...

Love it! well earned and deserved xx

Anonymess said...

So pretty.

Jolie said...

Thanks everyone. The twinges of guilt that come with the purchase are interesting. Lord knows I have spent money on far less long term things before and not felt it :-)

Anonymess said...

Hope you're doing well, Jolie. I miss reading your blog.