I don't think I have ever successfully found seats on a flight for somewhere I wanted to go and been able to use my Air Miles.
Between DS, myself and DS's GF's mom, we wanted to send her down to the US to spend her 'reading week' in November, with him.
As I said before, flights are ridiculously expensive from Canada to the US right now. It would have cost me/us $1100 to send her, with 1 stop to a city about 2 hours from DS. He would then drive in to get her. If I wanted to send her there all the way, $1800.
On a whim, I checked seats for airmiles. I can't use them to get her all the way there...no flights to that little city, but if they were going to drive to get her from the bigger airport anyways....
No return flights.
So I explored one way tickets there, and one way tickets home. Score. She has to go through Toronto on the way down, but she would have anyways for the $1100 ticket. Oddly, there is an airmiles seat straight home.
I sure hope I did everything right to book them. Did it online. Tried getting phone call assistance for airmiles but they will only help if the flight is in less than 5 days. I tried the 'online chat' but was 2nd in their queue for 40 minutes. So book myself I did.
Two 1 way tickets for 3500 air miles and $160 cash. Score.
Again, fingers crossed I did this right. It felt good to actually be able to use them.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
1 comment:
I've booked online to Paris myself and didn't have a problem. Glad you got to use them!! Sometimes it helps to play around with the different legs and segments...
Post a Comment