Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

The start of summer

Yup I've been totally awol.   To give you an idea of how whirly my brain is, I didn't realize for a month that my favourite AM weather guy had moved to a Calgary station.  Miss that guy :-)

We finished school yesterday.  The first year at my new school definitely went fast. I guess that all do when you look at them in the rear view mirror.   It definitely is different in a High School than in an Elementary School. Far fewer 'events' happen at the upper end - no big track and field events, field trips, assesemblies...that sort of thing.  In a lot of ways it was nice to have so many of my year end responsibilities off my list - but I do miss the experiences. There was definitely more of a team atmosphere there - but perhaps this will grow.

It's a quiet Canada Day here. DS2 is working up north (double time and a half mom!! he said). DS1 is with his gf and her family.  They were home last weekend to visit. DS1 and DH built some shelving in the garage. To quote DS - dad and I only fought twice. That is a huge record for us.

My plans for the summer are inconsequential. No big trips planned. Just the one long weekend in August at the lake, as per usual.   I promised myself I would stay out of my school until July 25. I brought some things home that I will either do or not, but I won't let myself live there this summer, as I did in the past.  For this summer, I simply want to get healthy. rest. walk on my treadmill. drink lots of water. Hopefully my colon will heal, my knees will stop aching, my skin won't be lizard like, my head won't ache, and I won't be so exhausted 24/7. Not big goals, but vital ones. I am so tired of not living.

I am going to attempt to pull myself off milk for the month of July and see what changes that brings.

Moneywise - I have little savings goals and will continue to work against that darn debt.


1 comment:

its me, sam said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer Jolie!