When last we met, my RRSP had taken a bit of a hit with the plummeting Canadian dollar. It was sitting at $10 946.62 after a drop of $30 and a drop before that.
I haven't changed what I have invested. Still Canadian Bonds and Canadian Equities.
It was good to see that it was up to $11 438 - a gain of just under $500, at $492.
I really hope to be able to add to this in 2016, but things are tough. Neither DS has been able to find a summer job yet. DS1 can't until he is home in June and most summer jobs are gone then. DS2 is supposed to get one in his field as part of his course. The flood of people coming back from Alberta due to job loss have eaten up most of the jobs in his field. I am not sure what we will do.
Times are tough around here.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
2 comments:
I am so sorry. Times do feel tough right now. Thankfully, we all have jobs, but it is a very thin line we are walking on with the oil industry and our mutual funds are not rising either. We have been losing all year, by a lot. I hope the rebuild from the fires will bring more jobs and things can settle into a normal soon.
I'm sorry to hear about the lack of employment for DS 1&2!! Kazi seems to go from one part time job to another - no one wants to hire permanently either as then they have to provide benefits. I got tired of seeing my RSPs go down so locked them in at a low rate of course. They go up, but not by much.
Post a Comment