It's May long here in Canada. Not too many years ago I would have been at the lake with the boys enjoying family time. May long weather is mercurial at best. One weekend alone we had 30 degree temps, a small tornado and then snow the next day.
Alas my world is different now. DS1 is still away in the US at college, taking spring session. DS2 is up volunteering at his scout camp, organizing activities for a few dozen lil scouters. DH went with DS2 as an advisor.
So it's just me this weekend - well and the cat too.
This is our last long weekend before the last 6 week push til the end of the school year so I promised myself I would make it as positive and productive as possible.
And to be grateful for the time I have.
So, I started yesterday by getting a pedicure after school. DS1 had given me a gift certificate at Christmas so this was my first pair of pretty feet since late last summer. I am grateful for smooth feet with a pretty polish for no cost but the tip.
I didn't do a whole lot after that. We pulled a frozen pizza out and made a salad for supper and then I pretty much crashed after that, exhausted from the week. I was grateful for nothing scheduled so I could sleep, guilt free.
My cat woke me up at 7:02 this morning. She was worried I didn't know my husband had left for the lake at 7:00. So up I was, early, on a Saturday morning. I had coffee outside on my little patio. There was a soft breeze. Birds were singing. My cat was happy to have me outside with her. I am grateful for not losing out on the peacefulness of early morning.
While I am still in rotten health, I was able to get my front and back lawn cut. I was grateful for the breeze blowing while I was cutting, to keep me from overheating (which seems to be a condition I am experiencing a lot lately)
My mom and dad are out at the farm and asked that I let their dog out a couple times today. My dad is going to be 80 and while he still works his ass off, cutting the grass really tires him out fast. I managed to get their lawn cut for them (as I did last weekend). I am grateful for enough strength to be able to surprise them.
For both lawn cuttings I was grateful I could do some activity but be close to the house for the multiple trips in to the washroom. Thanks colitis.
We have been waiting and waiting for any kind of rain. There has been virtually nothing this year. Fire bans are everywhere and it's super dry. There are clouds in the sky and rain is predicted but we shall see if it comes.
With the wind it was a good day to do laundry and hang things on the line. I am grateful for my laundry line to dry things without using up energy in the dryer.
I did a quick run to the pharmacy to pick up my 2 prescriptions and DS2's prescription. Before health coverage it came to $357.77. I only paid $ 19.05 . I am grateful to the health insurance program I pay into which covers these meds.
The wind picked up and my eyes got blinky. I am grateful for a lazy Saturday afternoon to have a nap.
We had a tiny bit of rain. We need more. I would be ever so grateful for that.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
3 comments:
Love it - focusing on things to be grateful for makes it so much easier to ride the ups & downs. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
What a beautiful way to start a long weekend! It's so easy to lose sight of these little day to day things in this big world of ours. Hope you get that rain you so desperately need! Have a lovely weekend xx
too funny, as my first thought was, i loved this post, and hawaii planner said the same thing... enjoy the weekend!
Post a Comment