Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

It's a lovely Monday morning to still be at home and not at work (although I am heading there in an hour or so lol)

It would be lovely if all weekends were three day: one to spend cleaning/maintaining home and yard, one to spend with friends or family and the third to spend at the school marking and prepping.

DS2 came home for Thanksgiving weekend. It was so good to see him and hear how his classes are going. He is really enjoying them and finds them all quite practical. I know I couldn't say that about all my University ones.

Saturday was spent doing yard work. Raking leaves. Mowing lawn. Blowing out the sprinkler lines before free. Putting the patio furniture away. That one always makes me sad.

It was  a good thing we got that done on Saturday as it poured and gusted wind all Sunday.

Some of the family made it home for Thanksgiving at mom and dad's. I got to see the newest baby in the family and snuggle her. I got to see the 10 month old twins, and I got to hang out with the older ones. 8 little ones, ages 5 and under.  DS2 isn't much for little kids or babies, but he did well teaching the older two how to play an old Mario game. They thought he was awesome!

Some frustrating news came though  - DS2's beloved Scout camp was broken into sometime on Saturday. Damage and so much stolen. He and DH left early this morning to go see what they could do to fix the damaged buildings and inventory what is missing.

After my leisurely cup of coffee I am off to the school to get caught up on marking and plan for the week. It's nice today so maybe I can get a walk in this afternoon after things dry up.

Happy Monday everyone.

1 comment:

its me, sam said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! :)