Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Election Day



Election Day in Canada


Proud to live in a country where voting is a democratic right for all races, genders and ethnicities. As I tell my students, so many places don't have that right.

The polls were busy. That was a good thing. I ran into one of my former students who was excited to be finally 18 and able to vote. I hugged her.

I hope all my Canadian readers got out there to exercise your democratic right.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I voted in an advance poll as I was in PEI on election day. I have a few concerns about Justin but am open to see how he does - I think he is doing great so far. I like his plan of taking the premiers with him to the climate change conference in Paris. If he can get the premiers to work as a team he'll have done more than Harper did!