When DS1 left last fall, I took $40 out of our grocery/household budget to reallocate to his college budget. There were weeks when we noticed that $40 was gone and weeks where it was less noticeable.
Now with DS2 gone, in THEORY, we should need less for the budget again. I have DS2's budget already set. If we are only feeding two people, there should be a bit of surplus. I haven't really noticed it yet but it's early.
Over the summer, I debated how I wanted to tweak the budget or IF I wanted to tweak it.
I remembered that last Christmas I found myself on a big shopping trip before DS1 came home from the States, and that I wanted to tuck some money away so I was ready for that purchase. I decided I wanted to save $200 towards extra Christmas food shopping.
So, here is what I think I am going to do. When I take out my weekly jar allowance, I will automatically put $20 of it in a Christmas jar. 10 weeks of this and I will have my extra money.
IF there happens to be money left at the end of each week in this jar, that will become my snowflakes for the LOC.
So new mini goal: $200 extra dollars for Christmas.
It's a rainy, dreary day here. Homemade stew being created and bread in the bread machine.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
1 comment:
Good idea! I know when Kazi is away for a few days I hardly spend anything on food. I just use up whatever is around. Course I don't have a husband to feed so it is easier for me. Love your new mini goal - I'm sure you can do it!
Post a Comment