I really have to send a shout out to my mother. She also suffers from colitis so she truly does know what I am going through. She really pulled through for me in the last month as I tried to get different pieces of my world organized from a sick bed.
DS2 decided he would go to prom. He was wavering. She was super excited when he decided to go.
Suit shopping time!
She has gone with each of her grandsons for their graduation/prom suits. It's been a source of great pride with her. DS2 is her seventh and final grandson to graduate and it kind of broke her heart a bit when he wasn't going to go to prom. Graduation day only needed cap and gown. Not quite the same.
So with me too weak to head out, she and DS headed off to get his suit. This particular suit shop has been the source for all the other grandsons' suits, as well as DS1's hockey suits. The owner actually used to coach DS1 back in the day.
We let him know that DS2 is very dif from his brother. He is a camouflage woodsman and not a suit guy. He likes more neutral tones and isn't one to draw attention. He hates (loathes) clothes shopping, hates spending money and is incredibly particular. The owner was amazing for him and DS2 was impressed.
He pulled out four dif suits....two in grey tones and two in black. With every suit he snapped a pic and sent it to me at home so I could see it with a couple dif shirts. As DS tried on suit four, the owner said 'No! wait!' and went through the suits that had just come in, pulling out a charcoal grey 3 piece suit. "This one'. DS put it on and it was the one.
I really appreciated how he 'managed' DS and made him comfortable in this experience. He also made DS laugh when he said he was so much easier to fit than his brother. Apparently DS1 has a 'big ass' from playing hockey and there are a lot more alterations needed when he shops. The owner also targeted a couple new ones for DS1 to look at when he comes home. "He needs a new black one. He's had the same one since I coached him" :-)
Mom had the time of her life shopping with her baby. She felt needed (and she WAS), and DS is happy.
thanks mama
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
4 comments:
This sounds like it worked out for everyone! That's wonderful.
This is a beautiful story! I am sorry that you were sick and could not go but they made you a part of the process virtually. Sounds like they had a good time and your son made your mom a very proud grandma. Rightfully too! I hope he enjoys his prom night very much.
You're one proud momma.... Hope you get better soon! I can't believe that your baby is graduating!
What a lovely experience - I really enjoyed reading about the "suit" adventure!
Post a Comment