I am super grateful that we had this week off school and it gave me time to rest, rest, rest and work towards healing. I would say there is a small improvement with the colitis. Will that remain with the busy-ness and stress of back to work? no clue.
I am still bound to the bathroom and that concerns me. I am weak, weak, weak. I went downstairs to change a load of laundry and came up weak, winded and needing to sit down. You would think I had trucked down to the river and back.
It's really helped having DS2 gone. He is on his trip to Greece and will be home late Monday evening. We haven't heard from them. His teacher usually emails, but we were warned that wifi was ridiculously poor on the cruise portion of the trip, and very expensive. This morning they got back to Athens, according to the schedule, and will stay in a hotel tonight. I expect there will be a flurry of email updates waiting for wifi to send.
My mom was to thank for helping get DS ready. I just didn't have the strength before he left to get to all the places so he picked her up and off they went to get his luggage, his camera, some clothes, the travel size things etc. At one point they were on one of their last outings and I was in ER. No one was allowed to tell mom I was in ER until they were done their shopping. :-) I may have been very sick, but my diabolical thinking was still active.
Today I need to get to the school for a bit. There are exams and essays and projects waiting for me to grade, along with planning for the upcoming week. Not sure what I will be strong enough to do, but I have to start.
It was 17C here yesterday. Gorgeous. I wanted to be out walking so badly. I just kept forcing myself to reframe things as: "isn't it great that it is such nice weather to have while you heal?"
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
3 comments:
Oh my and glad you are slowly more yourself. Take all the help thats offered. I remember when I was ill in December with anemia, stairs felt like mountains.
Oh dear. I'm glad that you're slowly doing better but oh dear. Rest up! And drink liquids! I worry you'll get dehydrated.
That sounds like a large burden of work to get done. I hope you can space things out a bit otherwise it could be overwhelming and too stressful. Thank goodness your mother could pitch in.
Send that warm air this way would you please?
Post a Comment