Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Vehicle Murphy

Well after so many years it goes get a bit boring. Roses for Valentine's Day? Chocolates?

How about a new battery? :-)

I have been having problems since January with my vehicle being cranky and not wanting to start, even when the block heater has been plugged in. 

Granted we have had far too many -40C days  this winter, but having it plugged in, whether at home or at work, usually eliminates that concern.

I have had to have DH boost my car a half dozen times since Jan 1. Mostly in the morning at home, but a couple times after school.

My dad decided enough was enough. Had my mom send me a text me just before 9 saying "Stop at suchandsuch and pick up a battery. Dad called and they had one in stock"

I texted back my thanks but I was not free at noon to run - meetings, and I had more meetings after school.

I get a text on my lunch break saying, "Dad stopped and got it for you, come by after your meetings tonight and he'll put it in."
So nice of him.

The cost - $139.31 plus tax puts it at $153.91.

Bonjour Murphy. I could have used that $ for something else. Aside from the new tires I bought this summer, this was the first expense I have really had with this vehicle. I hope this doesn't mean I have now  hit the phase where these expenses are going to happen far too frequently.

If you love your daughter, say it with ....a battery :-)

5 comments:

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Aww that's super nice of your dad! Isn't it nice though not having the car payments AND repair bills that need to be budgeted for?! :)

Jolie said...

It's wonderful. He's almost 80 though and I am mindful of that little voice that says 'your time with him is less rather than more'.

If expenses start to appear more regularly then I need to decide if I need a new/different vehicle. This one will be 5 years old in June.

Anonymous said...

I would say you did well with a five year old battery. Especially in colder climates. I know here I plan to replace a battery every three years minimum. If you pay top dollar and get a good one, they actually come with a warranty, and you can return them if they test as failing out early. My ex would only buy top batteries for the race cars, because if they won't hold a charge and are still on warranty, you just get a new one :)

The Asian Pear said...

haha. cute. nothing says love like some alkaline for your vehicle. :)

Jolie said...

LMAO Pear- Alkaline Love - I think I danced to that song in the 80s :P