Well I guess summer really is over. It's been hotter this past week than it was all summer so it is tougher to adjust to. Hard too, knowing that folks could be out enjoying the weather before old man winter pops back and settles in.
It was a busy day around here. DH finally finished cutting the tops off the main posts of our new fence and putting the running board across the top. Grass got cut and some weeding.
I hit the school for about 3 hours to finish tidying up and make sure I was ready for my huge class. I am quite nervous this year. A new grade and so much more to learn and to do.
I then ran for groceries so we could be sure to have food in the fridge for lunches and for supper.
It was HOT HOT out but what was I doing? cooking in my AC less house. silly girl.
I knew I would be tired tomorrow after school and that DS would need food before hockey so I was cooking. Felt like forever in the kitchen. We bbq's chicken kabobs for supper and had fresh corn on the cob as well. Almost too hot to eat.
Mom dropped off fresh carrots from the farm so those needed to be cut and cleaned as well.
I went through clothes so I would know what I was wearing for the week, and I did about 7 loads of laundry and got those put away.
There wasn't much to get ready for the boys. DS1 is done. DS2 needed a binder and that was pretty much it. I got a cheque ready for him for his school fees. After years of school supplies and labelling them all, it was very empty this year. Between you and me, I miss the days of labelling their pencils.
We ended the evening with a fire in the fire pit. I hated to come in and let the evening end.
Happy night before first day back for all those parents out there getting their little ones ready.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Jolie, I don't know what's happening with your blog, but it's taking days for your posts to show up on my feed, and when I go and check it, same thing... but maybe it's my computer! Hope your first few days were good!
This time of year is always a bit bittersweet. Starting a new school year and finishing a summer. My little girl started preschool this year so that was a big change for us.
Post a Comment