Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Paycheque Pie Chart

I was inspired by Bridget and her post   (and very pretty pie chart) on how much of her paycheque she brings home. It was interesting to see what percentages went  where. I have often done quick math to see how much I bring home, but never sat down to figure out the percentage allotments of my gross wage.

She and I aren't that far apart on what we bring home as net. She brings  home 60% and I bring home 58%.  Our biggest difference is the 8% she smartly places in investments and brokerage accounts (I am not even really sure what brokerage accounts are. so sad, jolie)

Here is my pretty pie chart:


Very similar to hers.


7 comments:

Jessie said...

that's kind of an interesting idea - gives you a bigger picture about where the $$ goes

~Carla~ said...

Jolie, where is this pie chart thingy from? I'd love to "give it a go"! :)

Jolie said...

I just made it on word or excel I think

Rose said...

Hmmm, cool. I like it too. I think it could be made in excel.

Jane said...

I don`t know what brokerage accounts are either! It is a good idea to have the money taken off at the source though, you can`t miss what you never had!

Maureen said...

I love charts in fact I love anything visual. Less calories in your pie too .....

Bridget said...

haha very nice! Sorry I'm late commenting on this; little slow catching up on blogs this week.

A brokerage account is where you play the stock market ;) so 8% of my income goes to mutual funds and stocks!