Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011.. a quick glance

I was peeking through last year's posts and found this, and wanted to do it again. It certainly helps put things in a frame of reference for a glance at a  year.

For dates, I am using my information from the start of December for each years.

Debts
December 2010 - $52 410.25
December 2011 - $40 055.29

Debt was reduced by $12 354.96

kind of...really about $8000 and change. I added debt to the tune of just under $4000 which I will talk about soon...ish. le sigh 

It was not nearly as good as I wished but expenses happened so often, a good part of it offspring related. Some of it came through lost wages for the job action days.

Savings
December 2010 - $10 640
December 2011 - $13 250 

Total savings increase of $2610.

This included money from RRSP, RESP and TFSA. Not a huge increase. In 2010, the RRSP $ was added in November and this year I only did it yesterday so it does not show on this number. That is a $1500 difference. I cut the plan for 2011 TFSA in order to accomodate other expenses.

3 comments:

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

$8,000 debt reduced is nothing to sneeze at (which is such a weird expression, by the way). Here's to an even more successful 2012!

Jane said...

Well I guess the good thing is that savings went UP and debt went DOWN and NOT the other way around!
And dang it all kids are expensive aren't they?? Thank God they're worth it!!

LLMM said...

I think it's still quite great to have reduced your debt by $8000 and increased your savings. It shows that you're on the right track, so WELL DONE!