Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cinnamon Bun Recipe

Sam had requested this...so voila!

2 Hour Buns


3 cups warm water

1/2 cup white sugar

6 tbsp. oil

1 tsp. salt

2 tbsp. yeast

2 eggs, beaten

7 to 9 cups of flour



Combine the first five ingredients.

Add the eggs and mix well.

Add enough flour to make a soft dough.

Pat with oil and let rise 15 minutes.

Punch down and repeat rise two more times.

On the forth rise make into buns or cinnamon buns.

Let rise 1 hour.

Bake at 350 for 15 mins.

Note:for cinnamon buns, roll out batter and spread plenty of butter on batter. Sprinkle dark brown sugar and cinnamon over batter. For a gooier cinnamon bun, sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom of your pan.

4 comments:

its me, sam said...

Thanks Jolie! I'll make them this week!

Canadian Saver said...

It must make a huge batch, with 7-9 cups of flour? These sound great!

Jolie said...

Depends how big you make them I guess. I have used it twice now and got 36-48 yeasty delights.

Jane said...

I am imagining the smell of these buns tomorrow morning served to me in bed with a fresh cup of steaming hot coffee....I have to imagine because I DON'T bake and Michael's repertoire includes only the occasional banana bread!