Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend This and That

It's been absolutely crazy this past week. Like being tied to a treadmill and it just keeps getting faster and faster.

It was a short work week. 3 days. Our school was gone out of town for a teacher conference for Thursday and Friday. There were a ton of people there. Lunch was provided but transportation, parking and overnight(for those who chose that option) were on our own. It wasn't a bad conference...not the worst I've ever been to by far. I came away with some things I want to try this week in my classroom. Still, being away from 6 AM to 5:30 PM including drive time, really puts everything behind at home.

Thursday night when I got home I had enough time to head to facebook to reply to a few birthday greets and then it was off to watch DS1 play  hockey. Birthday supper was rink fries and a mocha. mmmm rink fries :-)

Friday night by the time I got home I was exhausted. I had picked up a lovely cold sometime Wednesday that was blossoming and blooming so it was early to bed for me. Apparently I was out like a light so obviously I needed it very badly.

Saturday was catch up day. A few 'run here run there' errands, including one to Walmart to pick up some of the great sales they had. I was not alone. It was like Christmas shopping and I could see how a good case of cart rage could  develop.

Some much needed house cleaning was done including re-arranging some furniture downstairs to accomodate the sectional which is coming soon to a house near me on Tuesday or Wednesday. The boys are very excited to know it's on the way.

I had to wrap my head around Grade 10 Math for awhile yesterday. It truly is a species all on it's own. I hope he catches on to it or it's going to be a steep learning curve for mom as he and I learn it together.

today is a mishmash of things. DS1 is at a referee clinic, so he can hopefully make a bit of cash here and there to pay for gas for his car. With his hockey schedule, a regular teenager part time job isn't really an option if I still want  him to get his homework done and sleep sometimes. ah well, we shall find our way.

Then DS1 heads out of town for hockey and DS2 and I will stay at home, so I can supervise his homework and then go to my mom's for a small, belated birthday supper. Somewhere between I have to grocery shop and get some schoolwork done.

I really need to get myself back on Weight Watchers. It's been the only plan I've ever had success with, though I will be the first to admit that each new time I go on it, it is progressively harder and harder to stick with. Alas I have not only blew my goal of losign 40 lbs out of the water, I have gained. I am at a highest ever so I guess it is time to get moving.

Happy Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

its me, sam said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Weight watchers prices have gone up here ( my mother goes) to 18.00 a week! Ouch. Have you looked at Spark People on line?

Jolie said...

It totally is expensive. I am doing it on my own. I have all the materials and a good support network at work. The $80 a month isn't do able for me right now.

B. said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy week. I am a huge WW fan. Started before my wedding when I list 30 pounds and have been a lifetimer for about 5 years now and everytime I leave I find the weight comes back on. I go back, start payng, meet my goal, stop paying and quit again. I have to go to the meetings and stick with it. I need that accountability and organization and community. I am battling the same 5-6 pounds over and over and over again.

Maureen said...

I also started my diet this week using Calorie King as my motivator. I am also a follower of sparks.

Good luck and success to us both.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I hear you on the extra pounds. I'm still battling the extra baby weight. I have my eating under control (for the most part) but now I need to get out there and move my butt more! It's so much easier to stay put on the couch and play with the baby. :)

And I have to say I'm excited to start helping my kids with their math homework. Math geek = me. I am an engineer so I guess that makes sense. :)

jpkittie said...

I am with you - my finances & weight have both been a bummer this past month!!!! Time to get a handle on both of them!!!!