Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There goes another $500

I went last night to sign my sun up again for his band program. They meet in the evening once a week. They also meet 2 noon hours a week for practice. He absolutely loves the program and even moreso, the conductor. They did a lot of great things last year concert-wise.

The painful part was the payment tonight. The cost??? $500

Here's how it broke down:
1) cost of the program - $150
2) cost of the instrument rental - $150
3) fundraiser payout - $200

ouch

The program is well worth the fee.

The rental...well it's cheaper than when I used to rent one out of the city.

The fundraiser payout - well it's either work 8 bingos (5 hours each) for $25 a shot, or payout $200. That's saying my time is $5 an hour.

On their own, each component isnt' bad at all...but together, it bites!! hard.

sigh. ah well. good thing I saved up for this.

3 comments:

Girl Makes Cents said...

That's good that you saved up for it, expensive program. Could you ask your son to help contribute too?

Maureen said...

Costs expensive. What your Son is going to get out of this priceless.

Jennifer said...

Band IS very expensive - sitting at $1,600 right now. I could not foresee this at all.

How excellent that you had it saved though! I am sure it is worth it when you hear him play...